Saturday, January 29, 2011

Pale Ale Goes into the Keg

Well I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday evening than kegging a Dailey Brewing Company Pale Ale! It's our first of this style and its measuring 5.88% alcohol by volume and 43.5 IBUs (this measures the hoppiness). We snuck a few samples as we were transferring it and it tastes wonderful! I think Jason will really be happy with this one. Here are some pictures of the process:

Jason siphoning the beer from secondary fermentation straight into the keg.




















Here, Jason is hooking up the carbonation hoses and blasting CO2 into the keg to blow out all of the air and replacing it with CO2. This will give the beer a nice foamy head!















And here is our first keg, full of yummy beer, sitting in its new home! We'll be able to taste it in about 3 days. My mouth is watering already...




















We bought some ingredients today to make our first Hefeweizen so we'll be brewing that tomorrow. I hope to do the bulk of this one and get my hands dirty so I can learn the process better. Can't think of a better teacher...

No comments:

Post a Comment