Saturday, January 7, 2012

Donna's a Brewer!

It's official: I'm a brewer! While Jason has taken the lead on all the beer we've brewed to date, I took a major step forward last week and brewed my first beer, a brown ale. I've decided to call it "Bear Down Brown", in honor of my beloved Chicago Bears (despite the mess of a season we ended up having). Here's the label - what do you think?




















I wanted to make this beer similar to Upslope's Brown Ale so we added brown sugar to the last 10 minutes of the boil. That increased the alcohol level, but we're still around 5.6%. It's in secondary fermentation right now and we should be kegging it next weekend, just in time for my siblings to taste it when they come out to ski!

1 comment:

  1. If the brew is anything as classy as the label, you've got a winner on your hands, Donna!

    ReplyDelete